August 18, 2014
News Release – For Immediate Release
Contact: Radia Heyward – 843-906-0933
Senator Marlon Kimpson, his wife Kimberlyn and the Time To Give Back Committee are pleased to announce the non-profit organizations that have been selected to receive grant funding from his South Carolina Senate compensation. “It was a very competitive process and we had some tough decisions to make. All of the applicants are worthy of funding,” said Senator Kimpson. “The committee worked hard to sort through the submissions and determine how to allocate the resources. We tried to stretch the money as far as possible,” said Kimberlyn Kimpson.
The grant recipients are:
- Art Forms & Theatre Concepts, Inc.
- Charleston Chapter of the Surfrider Foundation
- Charleston Promise Neighborhood
- Charleston Symphony Orchestra Gospel Choir and Spiritual Ensemble
- Charleston Trident Urban League
- Closing the Gap in Healthcare
- Connections and You, Inc.
- Corpus Callosum
- Ebony City Soccer Club and Youth Development Program
- Father to Father, Inc.
- HALOS (Helping and Lending Outreach Support)
- Increasing H.O.P.E. Financial Training Center
- On Solid Grounds
- R3: Real Talk, Real Action, Real Results
- Royal Foundation
- Shield Ministries
- Take It To The Streets
- The Dee Norton Lowcountry Children’s Center
- The Liberty Hill Improvement Council After School Literacy Program
Senator Kimpson chose a committee of citizens that reside in Senate District 42 to help him make the selections. The grants awarded range from $175 to $1,000. In South Carolina, state senators are compensated $10,400 gross, annually. After taxes and benefits, a total of $7,000 will be allocated to non-profit organizations.
About the Time To Give Back Grants
The Time to Give Back initiative was established by Senator Marlon Kimpson and his wife Kimberlyn, to provide eligible non-profit organizations serving the citizens in Senate District 42 with grant funding from his senatorial compensation. To be considered for a Time to Give Back grant, the organization must meet the following criteria:
- A non-profit organization with a current 501(C)(3) public charity designation by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- The non-profit organization must serve the residents of South Carolina Senate District 42.
- Complete the application, including essay questions and provide all necessary documentation by the deadline.
For more details on Time To Give Back, please visit www.marlonkimpson.com